A Message from Ms. Nims

"People ask me to predict the future, when all I want to do is prevent it. Better yet, build it. Predicting the future is much too easy, anyway. You look at the people around you, the street you stand on, the visible air you breathe, and predict more of the same. To hell with more. I want better."

- Ray Bradbury

Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekly Agenda: 12/12 - 12/16

Monday 12/12 - Late Entry (3, 4, 5, 6)
- Fahrenheit 451 Socratic Seminar
Homework:
Memorize the first 5 lines of your P.O.L. poem. Continue to work on I.R. / blog.

Tuesday 12/13 - Day 3
- Poetry Out Loud Practice
- Scoring Recitations (video clips)
Homework:
Prepare for in-class essay on Fahrenheit 451 & Theme. Memorize the next 5 lines (10 total) of your P.O.L. poem for Thursday. Continue to work on I.R. / blog. Bring I.R. book.

Wednesday 12/14 - Day 2
- In-Class Essay Exam
Homework:
First 10 lines of P.O.L. poem must be memorized by tomorrow. Continue to work on I.R. / blog.

Thursday 12/15 - Day 1
- Watch movie
Homework:
Poetry Out Loud, I.R./blog

Friday 12/16 - Day 7
- Finish movie
Homework:
P.O.L. poem must be ready to go! Our practice class competition is on Tuesday. The actual class competition is on Wednesday. Also, don't forget about your weekly I.R. blog grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment